Monday, July 29, 2013

In the Thunder...

I always look forward to opening my email to see what the K-Love Encouraging Word of the Day is going to be.  In the midst of work emails, and tons of junk emails, this is the one email list I'm on that I actually read.  In a busy world where I don't spend enough time with Him, this is my sacred 5 minutes of reflection and thankfulness for such an awesome God.  Just to be clear:  this is not the only 5 minutes I spend in His presence.  I try to be in a constant state of prayer/thanksgiving throughout the day.  This is just 5 minutes of studying the Word :)

Often, there are verses that seem to fit my current situation.  If I've had a rough morning, I open the email to find "This is the day The Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it" as the encouraging Word.  If I'm overwhelmed, I find "Do not worry about anything..." Everytime this happens, I just have to smile and thank God for knowing me better than I know myself.  He knows my every need, every desire, every thought and has proven to me over and over that He's got it under control.

This morning, the Encouraging Word of the Day is Job 37:5...

"God's voice is glorious in the thunder.  We can't even imagine the greatness of his power."

On any normal day, this might not have spoken to me like it did today.  But today, I just had to take an extra few minutes to give Him glory.  Recently, it seems like so many people around me are battling with cancer.  I have been earnestly praying and seeking The Lord for healing and encouragement on their behalf.  Each situation is different in respect to the type of cancer and treatments, but ONE thing is constant:  GOD.  I can see Him at work in each one of their bodies.  Tumors are shrinking; tumors are GONE; surgeries are successful; there are only minor side effects from treatments.  I give HIM all the glory and honor and praise for these reports because HE is the ONE who made it happen.  In the midst of their times of thunder, God's voice is glorious.  Where we asked for the tumor to shrink, He made it disappear.  Everything we've asked for, He's taken one step further just because He can.  God really does have a sense of humor.  He's probably just shaking His head at us and thinking "If they only knew what I could do, they'd be asking for a whole lot more than that!"

Father, I thank you for your Word.  I thank you that you have us in the palm of your hand.  And I thank you that your power is greater than we could ever think or imagine.  I give you praise as my friends and family who are battling with cancer are being healed and delivered as we speak; that they're hearing your glorious voice in the thunder around them.  I thank you that their testimonies will be used to exalt you and glorify YOUR NAME.  In Jesus' mighty name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment