Thursday, December 8, 2011

A YEAR TO REMEMBER

First of all, I want to say 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!' to our sweet Max.  It's so crazy to think that I have a ONE YEAR OLD!  I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday...

I can remember telling my mom that I felt "different" the day before Max actually entered the world, but couldn't exactly pin point what it was.  Then the contractions started.  When I told Tyler I thought I was having contractions, he denied it and said it was the footlong hot dog I'd had from Dairy Dart earlier that day.  I went upstairs and was surprisingly calm, even though I knew my life was about to change in a BIG way!  Of course the contractions never let up and after staying up all night, Tyler finally accepted that we may need to go to the hospital.  I didn't even have a bag packed.  Even though I was almost two weeks past my due date, I didn't have a bag packed.  That's just how I roll. 

When we got to the hospital, they checked to see if I was dilated.  I just knew that I had to be at least 5 or 6 cm.  Wrong.  1 cm.  1 CM?!?!  After the horrible, painful contractions I had been experiencing for about 13 hours now, I was only 1 cm?!!!  I was so discouraged.  At this point, the contractions were awful.  I hadn't slept at all and everytime one would come I had to throw up.  It was not fun.  About 2 or 3 hours later, the nurse came in to check again and I was at 5 cm.  At that point, she said the most magical words:  "Let's get you an epidural.  I never saw that HUGE needle they shoved in my spine, but after the pain of the needle, I never felt another thing until that night!  I'll spare the gross details but we finally met our little man at 3:49 pm on December 8, 2010. 



He was absolutely perfect and it was love at first sight.  They put him in my arms and I swear it was like he was looking into my soul.  We couldn't take our eyes off of each other.  I was taking in each and every wrinkle, hair, and birth mark on his body.  I was his mother and he was my perfect baby boy.  It still makes me cry to think about that day and all the emotion I was feeling.  Tyler and I didn't have a clue what we were doing (and still don't) but there is one thing we know:  we still love our Max just as much as we did the moment we met him.  We thank God for him every day.  We thank God for the plans He has for Max and the blessings He will pour out on him throughout his life. 

Happy Birthday Max!  We're so glad God chose us to be your parents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment