Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

So I'm a little late on this post, but this is honestly the first chance I've had to post anything since I started this blog.  But I think every day should be dedicated to our Veterans so I'm officially declaring this day as Veteran's Day too :)

I recently had the wonderful opportunity to visit Arlington National Cemetery.  All I can say is:  WOW!  I knew there were a lot of soldiers and war heroes buried there, but I had no idea the impact it would have on me.  It was such a humbling experience to stand there and look at rows and rows of tombstones marking the graves of over 300,000 soldiers.  Especially moving was the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns.  It was so formal and carried out with such respect.  It broke my heart to think of those soldiers who gave their lives without any individual dedication.  And it broke my heart for the families of those soldiers as well, not knowing the fate of their fallen loved ones.  It was a lot to take in knowing that all these brave men and women died so I could live in a country where I'm free to worship an awesome God; free to work; free to love; free to live

So to all of you veterans out there, past, present, and future, I could never write, say, or do anything to show you how grateful and appreciative I am to you.  All I can say is this:  Thank you for your selflessness.  Thank you for your dedication to our great nation.  And thank you for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment